Thursday, November 10, 2005

THE D-D-DECISION!

Well, I've decided to go with Dr. D. He was a bit "into" hearing himself talk, so I did need to break in on him a few times, but his philosophy is that he is the "conductor" and that at each stop he'll let us know what the options are at that stop (as far as testing, etc...) and then it's our choice as to if we need to make a stop there or not.

Okay, so bad analogy. But I appreciated his intent. LOL!

He is in his own practice and delivers 97% of his babies, and delivers about 200 a year. He said he likes to know that when he sees a family out in public that he's delivered the Mom / Baby, that he also knows the Dad's name & knows him by face... so I thought that was nice that he was interested in having the Dads be part of the experience.

I also like him because he gave me Zofran. It's what is used for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy and helps with the m/s nausea.

He'll deliver at either KMC or SV. I think he prefers KMC and I prefer SV, so we'll see how it all shakes out. He told me that he'd support any decision I'd make about repeat c/s or VBAC and he wouldn't force my decision on either of them until I was ready to make a decision. I thought that was pretty cool. (Although he did say that a lot of his vbacs add to his grey hair LOL!!)

I did question about c-sections and when he did them; he said that he prefers to cook boys to 39 weeks and that girls he'll cook to 38 weeks. If, as many of the girls are hoping we're looking at a pink baby this time... we'd be having a May baby!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?