Saturday, November 26, 2005
CONVERSATION WITH KEVIN
(While I was in the shower & he's standing outside expecting to be entertained)
K: "Mommy, it looks like you're growing a baby in there."
M: Feigning difficulty hearing due to the shower... "What?"
K: "It looks like you're growing a baby in there."
M: Trying diversionary tactics.... "Where? In the shower?"
K: "No, in your tummy."
M: Silence.
M: "So what would you think of that?"
K: "Well we're NOT gonna be changing any diapers because we'll be doing homework."
M: "You won't change diapers? We thought that'd be your job."
K: "Nope, I'm gonna be doing homework because I'LL BE IN FIRST GRADE." (Strutting around)
M: "So you get homework in first grade?"
K: "Yep."
M: "Does that sound like fun?"
K: "More fun than changing poopy diapers."
I think the child is on to us.
K: "Mommy, it looks like you're growing a baby in there."
M: Feigning difficulty hearing due to the shower... "What?"
K: "It looks like you're growing a baby in there."
M: Trying diversionary tactics.... "Where? In the shower?"
K: "No, in your tummy."
M: Silence.
M: "So what would you think of that?"
K: "Well we're NOT gonna be changing any diapers because we'll be doing homework."
M: "You won't change diapers? We thought that'd be your job."
K: "Nope, I'm gonna be doing homework because I'LL BE IN FIRST GRADE." (Strutting around)
M: "So you get homework in first grade?"
K: "Yep."
M: "Does that sound like fun?"
K: "More fun than changing poopy diapers."
I think the child is on to us.