Tuesday, October 11, 2005
SPOKE WITH THE NP...
... and she put my mind at ease -- a bit.
Guess the drug is considered a Class C in the first trimester, and then develops into a Class D in the 2nd & 3rd. (Okay, so I can't figure the logic in that since the basic structural formations are happening in the 1st trimester, but I'm not gonna argue with her on it LOL!!) She approved of my plan to wean off of another med and just told me to hang in there, that nothing I'd told her threw up any red flags for her or the ob doc.
She also gave me the reminder of eating every 3-4 hours, and to try to consume some more ginger based products to reduce the nausea. I'm trying. So far almonds have been okay, and I did run to Kroger's to pick up some organic ginger snaps. However, the SMELL of the Tums is making me REALLY queasy!! Figures, eh? No morning sickness for a TWIN pregnancy, and this one.... yeah, this one is REALLY gonna stick it to me LOL!!
The one thing she told me that just seemed really weird was to take 1/2 of a UNISOM (sleep aid tablet) in the am, and the other 1/2 in the PM. She said it is one of the very few drugs classified as "Category A" and that it seems to help with the nausea -- but does make the fatigue worse. Guess that's not gonna happen unless H is around!
Guess the drug is considered a Class C in the first trimester, and then develops into a Class D in the 2nd & 3rd. (Okay, so I can't figure the logic in that since the basic structural formations are happening in the 1st trimester, but I'm not gonna argue with her on it LOL!!) She approved of my plan to wean off of another med and just told me to hang in there, that nothing I'd told her threw up any red flags for her or the ob doc.
She also gave me the reminder of eating every 3-4 hours, and to try to consume some more ginger based products to reduce the nausea. I'm trying. So far almonds have been okay, and I did run to Kroger's to pick up some organic ginger snaps. However, the SMELL of the Tums is making me REALLY queasy!! Figures, eh? No morning sickness for a TWIN pregnancy, and this one.... yeah, this one is REALLY gonna stick it to me LOL!!
The one thing she told me that just seemed really weird was to take 1/2 of a UNISOM (sleep aid tablet) in the am, and the other 1/2 in the PM. She said it is one of the very few drugs classified as "Category A" and that it seems to help with the nausea -- but does make the fatigue worse. Guess that's not gonna happen unless H is around!