Tuesday, October 11, 2005
PCP APPOINTMENT
The appointment with the PCP went pretty well today. She looked pretty pissed - okay, she looked BEYOND pissed - when she heard that I was told to continue the Class D meds & that I could wait on prenatals. Apparently, according to the note she'd put on my chart (that she showed me) she had written that I was to D/C (DIScontinue) the Class D meds and start on some prenatals. She looked pretty determined to find out WHO had spoken to me.
I just go back in two months for her to check my "outlook" on the change / elimination of the meds so she knows it's being monitored.
I did ask her to do a hcg draw and she said for me to just wait for my u/s -- that it would not do me any good to have the numbers now. Obviously it's been YEARS since she's been pregnant!
We did discuss how Dr. SodaWater had put the fear of G-d into me about not getting pregnant on that one med, and how this was NOT a planned pregnancy. She asked me if I'd gotten my head around it yet, and I just said no, that I was feeling really selfish because next year the kids woulda been in all day school and I (would) have had the day to myself, blah blah blah ....
She just smiled and said, "Well, they say the Good Lord doesn't give you more than you can handle!" I just replied, "Well, obviously he thought I was gonna be BORED next year so he'd give me something else to do!" Then I told her my theory that I was just too damn old to have a baby, and she walked up, put her hand on my shoulder, looked like she wanted to say something, and then she just started smiling & shaking her head like she was trying not to bust out laughing at me & left the room.
Okay, so she didn't win points for not doing the blood draw... but she does win points for understanding LOL!!
I just go back in two months for her to check my "outlook" on the change / elimination of the meds so she knows it's being monitored.
I did ask her to do a hcg draw and she said for me to just wait for my u/s -- that it would not do me any good to have the numbers now. Obviously it's been YEARS since she's been pregnant!
We did discuss how Dr. SodaWater had put the fear of G-d into me about not getting pregnant on that one med, and how this was NOT a planned pregnancy. She asked me if I'd gotten my head around it yet, and I just said no, that I was feeling really selfish because next year the kids woulda been in all day school and I (would) have had the day to myself, blah blah blah ....
She just smiled and said, "Well, they say the Good Lord doesn't give you more than you can handle!" I just replied, "Well, obviously he thought I was gonna be BORED next year so he'd give me something else to do!" Then I told her my theory that I was just too damn old to have a baby, and she walked up, put her hand on my shoulder, looked like she wanted to say something, and then she just started smiling & shaking her head like she was trying not to bust out laughing at me & left the room.
Okay, so she didn't win points for not doing the blood draw... but she does win points for understanding LOL!!